Aurora invites funding proposals for youth violence intervention and prevention efforts

0

The Town of Aurora has opened up a funding opportunity for organizations that provide youth violence prevention and intervention services and activities. The $500,000 available, which will be distributed among selected organizations that apply by March 28, will support the mission of the City’s Youth Violence Prevention Program and the collective efforts of the Youth Violence Prevention Network. young people. The funding opportunity notice description and online application are available at AuroraGov.org/EmpoweringYouth.

Organizations interested in obtaining funding were required to attend one of three virtual information sessions. Registration to attend was required at AuroraGov.org/EmpoweringYouth.

  • Friday March 4
  • Monday, March 7 or
  • Friday March 11

“As youth violence continues to be a public health crisis that affects the entire community, it is essential that we partner with providers who take a holistic approach to serving young people, families and communities hardest hit by youth violence,” said Christina Amparan. , manager of the Aurora City Youth Violence Prevention Program. “For Aurora to address the rise in youth violence and have both short- and long-term impact, a comprehensive, multidimensional, multidisciplinary and collaborative approach is required from everyone involved.”

Funding for this effort comes from marijuana tax revenue. The city allocates 80% of the funding to support response efforts and the remaining 20% ​​for prevention efforts. Intervention efforts may include direct outreach to groups actively involved in a violent incident in the community, hospital services to engage with patients during their recovery, specialized mental health treatment services, training programs for internationally recognized family skills and crisis services to support families. Prevention efforts can include school-led activities and programs, faith-based implementation of safe havens, community engagement activities, and youth programs.

To learn more, visit AuroraGov.org/EmpoweringYouth.

Share.

Comments are closed.