Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech company, is a Washington, DC metro area management consulting firm with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise lies in the areas of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works at the national level . We support clients ranging from the U.S. government (e.g., U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and Millennium Challenge Corporation) to major bilateral and multilateral donors (for example, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Programme). We also work with national and local governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Summary of the proposal:
The goal of this planned program is to build the capacity of Haitian citizens and institutions to reduce gang violence through a three-pronged approach that connects police, communities, and social services in targeted neighborhoods. The goal is to see a measurable improvement in the safety and security of Haitians in targeted communities.
The Team Leader will be responsible for community development and resilience to violence and will support a range of community development and youth empowerment activities that build youth resilience to recruitment into gangs and violent activity including by providing alternative pathways away from crime and violence and toward productive participation in their communities and economy.
- Plan, execute and lead vocational training for young people.
- Assist in cooperation between communities and police to build trust on both sides through the creation of targeted activities.
- Provide training to local NGOs for community development activities.
- Support the repair and rehabilitation of recreational spaces (community and youth centers).
- Responsible for improving access to safe and appropriate spaces for vulnerable populations to participate in social activities, including school supplementation, recreation, and soft skills development.
- A relevant master’s degree with at least 10 years of technical experience in crime prevention, community development and/or youth development. Bachelor’s degree with more than ten years of experience in place of a master’s degree.
- Must have strong leadership, program and organizational management and communication skills, as well as strong analytical skills.
- Experience using interpersonal approaches to prevent conflict or violence highly preferred.
- Experience supporting the building of coalitions between groups of citizens to define common goals and develop strategies to achieve and influence government agendas and leaders.
- Proven ability to successfully lead a cross-cultural team in a development context, including supervision of long-term field staff and short-term international and local experts is required.
- Fluency in French and/or Haitian Creole preferred.
- Work experience in Haiti or a country with a similar level of socio-economic development is desirable.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech employees are working together to comply with all applicable health and safety practices and protocols, including COVID-19 related health orders and regulations that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and sustain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those affected by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Consistent with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for the religious practices and beliefs of applicants and employees, as well as for any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is committed to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruiting team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.