FRAMINGHAM – Framingham Public Schools announced tonight, December 10, 2 finalists for Assistant Superintendent for Equity, Diversity and Community Engagement.
The new person would replace Joseph Corazinni, the very first person to occupy the post.
The finalists are:
Tiffany lillie is currently Director of Community Resource Development for Framingham Public Schools. Ms. Lillie has three years of teaching experience and 10 years of administrative experience. Prior to working in Framingham Public Schools, she was an Inclusion Specialist for the City of Cambridge, MA; a deputy program director for the Wayside Youth and Family Network; a student advisor for Dynamy, You inc .; and a Youth Development Coordinator for the YWCA. Ms. Lillie is bilingual and bicultural, and is fluent in Spanish and English.
Gerardo Gerardo Martinez is currently Principal of Wellesley Public Schools. Mr. Martinez has six years of teaching experience and 21 years of administrative experience. He has also held principal positions in Brookline and Boston Public Schools. Mr. Martinez speaks conversational Spanish and Portuguese.
There will be a Candidate Forum meeting for all community members virtually on Zoom on Tuesday, December 14 from 6 p.m. to 7:10 p.m.
Community members are encouraged to attend the webinar (passcode: 395687); there will be live interpretation in Spanish, Portuguese and American Sign Language (ASL).
Participants will be able to hear from applicants, ask them questions, and then be presented with a survey (which will be available in English, Spanish and Portuguese) to offer feedback to the Superintendent of Schools regarding each applicant.
A selection committee established the main characteristics of the Assistant Superintendent for Equity, Diversity and Community Engagement. The most important contribution of the next Assistant Superintendent for Equity, Diversity and Community Engagement will be to serve as an agent of change that facilitates innovation and inclusive school environments where students, regardless of their differences, participate. , engage and flourish in a democratic environment.
- Systems thinker: an understanding of how various organizations / cities work
- Cultural competence: Understanding how cultural differences can lead to inequalities
- Charismatic / Affordable / Relationship Builder: The ability to connect with diverse cultural and human groups
- Mobilizer: Understand the team, empower the team
- Actor / Performer / Visionary: willing to move what has been started or start a new aligned vision
- Lawyer / Ally / Supporter: Possibility to create access for all families
- Change Agent / Innovator: facilitates innovation in schools, the ability to support the implementation of inclusive pedagogy and reduce the gap of opportunities
- Knowledgeable / Resourceful: Has knowledge and understanding of district resources
- Emotionally Intelligent / Self-Awareness: Ability to facilitate difficult conversations and empower school leaders and the community to have them.