NEW YORK, USA, Sept. 13, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Youth INC is proud to honor David Mussafer, President and Managing Partner of Advent International, with the John C. Whitehead Leadership Award at its 28th Annual Gala of celebration Wednesday, November 16, 2022. The award will be presented in recognition of Mussafer’s distinguished leadership in its efforts to secure a brighter future for the next generation.
The Youth INC Celebration Gala is the organization’s signature event, through which it raises more than $2 million annually to equip hundreds of nonprofit leaders with the tools and resources to create strong and enduring organizations and continue to advocate for more than 250,000 New York youth each year. At the event, Youth INC will recognize Trail Blazers, one of the organization’s longtime nonprofit partners, for its excellence in helping youth develop the skills and values necessary to thrive as as adults and become stewards of the environment.
“As an actively engaged philanthropic leader, David understands the transformative power of serving and supporting community organizations, especially those that benefit youth living in inner-city communities,” said Rehana Farrell, Executive Director of Youth INC. “David and Advent International have demonstrated their commitment to ensuring equitable access to opportunity for all young people in New York City, making the John C. Whitehead Leadership Award a fitting tribute to David’s philanthropic leadership and Advent’s commitment to build stronger communities.
“Youth INC is a dynamic organization that has made possible the vision of successful youth development organizations through its unique model of venture philanthropy,” Mussafer said. “I am honored to receive this recognition and applaud Youth INC for investing in great nonprofit leaders capable of building strong, sustainable and impactful organizations, an approach at the heart of what we do at Advent. On behalf of all of us at Advent, we are proud to support Youth INC and its incredible group of nonprofit partners.
“Youth INC continues to expand its reach and impact each year with powerful results. This wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of people like David and companies like Advent who demonstrate their commitment to the community,” said John Waldron, President and COO of Goldman Sachs and member of the National Advisory Board of Youth INC. “It is wonderful to come together in person this year and honor David and Advent and celebrate all that Youth INC and its inspiring network of nonprofit partners have accomplished.”
The event will also bring together a roster of influential business leaders who will serve as Vice Presidents to help Youth INC achieve its most ambitious fundraising goal yet, including:
• Will Boothby, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis
• John Connaughton, Global Head, Bain Capital Private Equity and Co-Manager, Bain Capital
• Mark Fedorcik, Co-Head of Investment Banking, Deutsche Bank
• Adena Friedman, President and CEO, Nasdaq, Inc.
• Jon Gray, President and COO, Blackstone
• Jeff Holzschuh, Chairman, Institutional Securities Group, Morgan Stanley and National Advisory Board Member, Youth INC
• Julie Jones, President, Ropes & Gray
• Chris Kanoff, Global Head of Investment Banking, Jefferies & Company
• Ros L’Esperance, Co-Head of Global Banking, UBS Investment Bank
• Thomas H. Lee, Founder and Chairman, National Advisory Board Member of Lee Equity and Youth INC
• Gregg Lemkau, Managing Director, MSD Capital
• Ken Moelis, President and CEO, Moelis & Company
• Steve Orr, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Orr Group and Founder and Co-Director of the Youth INC National Advisory Board
• Kevin Penn, Managing Director, American Securities
• Richard Schifter, Senior Advisor, TPG Capital and Co-Head of Youth INC National Advisory Board
• Alan Schwartz, Executive Chairman, Guggenheim Partners and National Advisory Board Member, Youth INC
• David Solomon, Chairman and CEO, Goldman Sachs
• Paul Taubman, Founder, Chairman and CEO, PJT Partners and National Advisory Board Member of Youth INC
• Ted Virtue, Founder and CEO, MidOcean Partners and National Advisory Board Member, Youth INC
• John Waldron, President and COO, Goldman Sachs and National Advisory Board Member, Youth INC
• Robert Weaver, Managing Director and Global Co-Head, Limited Partner Services, Advent International
• Jonathan Weiss, CEO, Corporate and Investment Banking, Wells Fargo and National Advisory Board Member of Youth INC
• Mrs. John C. Whitehead
• Noah Wintroub, Global Chairman, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
• Barry M. Wolf, Executive Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
The co-chairs of the event include:
• Anu Aiyengar, Co-Head of Global M&A, JPMorgan Chase & Co., and Youth INC Board of Directors
• William Derrough, Managing Director and Co-Head of Recapitalization and Restructuring Group, Moelis & Company and Vice Chairman of the Board of Youth INC
• Stratton Heath, Partner, Board of Oak Hill Capital and Youth INC
• Douglas Kaden, Managing Partner, SDC Capital Partners and Youth INC Board of Directors
• Barbara Marcin, Vice-Chair of the Youth INC Board of Directors
• Emmett McCann, Managing Director, Board of Oaktree Capital Management and Youth INC
• Robert McCooey, Vice Chairman of the Board of Nasdaq and Youth INC
• Dhananjay Pai, President and Chief Operating Officer, P. Schoenfeld Asset Management and Co-Chairman of the Board of Youth INC
• Daniel Pine, Managing Director, CS Capital Advisors and Youth INC Board of Directors
• Kenneth Prince, Head of Capital Markets, Americas, Advent International Corporation and Youth INC Board of Directors
• Adrianne Shapira, Chief Executive Officer, Board of Eurazeo and Youth INC
• Wray Thorn, Partner, Focus Impact Partners and Co-Chair of the Youth INC Board of Directors
• Evan Wildstein, Partner, Kohlberg & Company and Co-Chairman of the Board of Youth INC
In 2021, Youth INC honored Adena Friedman, President and CEO of Nasdaq, Inc. with the John C. Whitehead Leadership Award and raised $3.2 million to invest in its network of nonprofit organizations for youth development. In 2020, Youth INC honored Roger Ferguson, then President and CEO of TIAA, with the John C. Whitehead Leadership Award and raised over $2.2 million to deepen and expand his work.
For more information, visit our Celebration Gala event page.
About Youth INC
Youth INC is a network of more than 80 of the top nonprofit youth development organizations in New York City. We provide our nonprofit partners with the coaching, capital, and connections needed to achieve sustainable growth and maximum impact. Our nonprofit partners collectively support more than 250,000 young people each year. The Aspen Institute estimates that investing in young people’s social and emotional learning (SEL) yields an 11-fold return. This measure means that the $110 million raised by Youth INC since its inception has generated an impact of more than $1 billion. To learn more, visit www.youthinc-usa.org.
Krystalle Shoy, Director, Marketing and Communications