Youth loses left fist and fingers of right hand in scuffle, Bengaluru cops launch hunt for accused and severed part


What started as a bar fight in Bengaluru in the early hours of Monday later turned into a major brawl between two groups, leading to a 21-year-old losing his left fist and all the fingers of his hand right. While the police have managed to arrest one of the defendants, a hunt is launched to arrest the other defendant. A team has also been formed to find the youngster’s fist, which they suspect was carried off by stray dogs.

Police said S Prajwal and his friends were partying at a bar in Kurubarahalli district of Bengaluru on Monday. A fight broke out between the trio and a group of four to five men after they threw a tissue towards Prajwal and his friends. The bar staff then asked both groups to leave.

Later, around 2 a.m., when Prajwal and his friends went to buy cigarettes from a store near the bar, they came across the same group of men they had been fighting with at the bar. Another round of exchanging words ensued and soon a man from the other group pulled out a machete. As Prajwal’s friends managed to get away, Prajwal was grabbed and his left fist and some fingers of his right hand were cut off by the accused.

Later, Prajwal was rushed to Victoria Hospital by his friends and the trio lied to the doctor that an excavator bucket fell on Prajwal’s hand. However, on Monday, Prajwal’s mother, Sudha, approached police and when CCTV footage was scanned, police discovered the youngster had been attacked. The police managed to identify two of the accused. While one of them, Harish, has been arrested, the other, Ajith, and the rest of the defendants are still at large.

A police team and Prajwal’s friends are still looking for the severed fist, police said. An officer from Mahalakshmi Layout Police Station said: “Although there is evidence of the attack, we have no idea where the severed fist is. There were a lot of stray dogs around and we suspect they may have taken the fist off.


Comments are closed.